One excellent idea for Fall party favors is the oh-so- delicious Caramel apple! Food is the perfect wedding favor and it never goes to waste! What would be better than do it yourself homemade candy apple favors? These party favors would be more than fitting for a fall wedding, apple-inspired wedding, or any other special occasion and will leave your guests drooling. They are so easy to make and you customize them in various ways to fit your taste.
Check out Martha Stewert Weddings‘ delicious recipe to your perfect DIY favors…
Ingredients (makes 10-12)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 to 12 small apples, stems removed
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- Round wooden skewers
- Heat sugar, cream, corn syrup, and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until butter has melted. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan, and continue to cook until mixture reaches 240 degrees. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and coat with cooking spray. Insert a skewer into stem end of each apple. Dip apples in caramel, and place on sheet. Let stand until set, at least 1 hour. Apples can be stored airtight for up to 1 day.
Once the apples and the caramel have set, wrap them in cellophane and tie them with a colored ribbon! You can even customize them with a monogram tag. Your guests will be thanking you for days. If you want to stray away from DIY, the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company have delicious caramel apples for your special day.
Happy Apple making!
Did you hear?- We are The Knot’s 2012 Best of Weddings Pick!
Check out our portfolio
Give us a Ring~ 714.679.1139
We would love to setup a complimentary consultation with you at our Newport Beach Design Studio!